The American Heart Association wants you to celebrate National Nutrition Month by making heart healthy food choices! Go to the Nutrition Center page on their website and you’ll find information to help you do just that.
Mouse over the word “Nutrition Center” at the top of the page, and you’ll get a pop-up list with all the many choices for your nutritional education, like:
- Healthy Diet Goals: which covers Suggested Servings from Each Food Group, a Dictionary of Nutrition, answers Frequently Asked Questions About Nutrition and then gives you Nutrition Quizzes, Nutrition Education Handouts and Resources and info about the Industry Nutrition Advisory Panel (INAP).
- Heart-Smart Shopping: which goes beyond Grocery Shopping to Reading Food Nutrition Labels, offers a Heart-Check Mark Grocery List Builder and gives you the full story on Heart-Check Mark Nutritional Criteria.
- Healthy Cooking: which includes Healthier Preparation, Methods for Cooking Healthy, Snacking Smart, Substitutions and even Summer Barbeque Tips!
- Recipes offer Delicious Decisions to make regarding Main Dishes, Desserts and Sweets, Snacks and Appetizers and Soups, Salads and Side Dishes. Tasty and heart healthy!
- Dining Out helps you in Choosing a Restaurant, Talking with Your Server, Deciphering the Menu, Ordering Your Meal and even helps you if you find yourself Eating Fast Food. Plus it offers Tips by Cuisine.
- Cookbooks and Health Guides includes Special Diet Cookbooks, General Cookbooks and Healthy Lifestyle Guides.
Doesn’t that cover just about everything you’d want to know? You can also find the information you need in the main body of the page, which features a complete list of Nutritional Criteria required for a product to be certified. The List of Certified Products, available for review by food type or by company. And even a Grocery List Builder to quickly and easily build a shopping list full of heart healthy foods that have been certified by the American Heart Association.