North Ohio Heart and Ohio Medical Group are proud to announce hospital affiliate EMH Elyria Medical Center has been named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for the second year in a row. The distinction comes from Healthgrades, the leading online resource that helps consumers search, evaluate, compare and connect with physicians and hospitals. You can download the full 2013 Healthgrades report here.
To be eligible for Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals, hospitals must have had measurably lower risk adjusted mortality and complication rates across a minimum of 19 of the 27 conditions and procedures measured during the evaluation period and have received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for four consecutive years.
These hospitals are recognized as the top 2 percent in the nation for consistent clinical quality. If all hospitals performed at the level of the top 100, MedPAR estimates 165,636 lives could have been saved from 2009 through 2011.
In addition to being named one of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for 2013, EMH Elyria Medical Center received a number of designations across multiple service lines, including:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award – Clinical Excellence™ for six years in a row (2008-2013)
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™ for two years in a row (2012-2013)
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention™ for two years in a row (2012-2013)
- Ranked #4 in Ohio for Overall Cardiac Services in 2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10 in Ohio for Coronary Interventional Procedures for 11 years in a row (2003-2013)
- Ranked #6 in Ohio for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2013
- Ranked #1 in Ohio for Vascular Surgery for two years in a row (2012-2013)
- Ranked Among the Top 5 percent in the Nation for GI Medical Treatment in 2013
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for five years in a row (2009-2013)
North Ohio Heart and Ohio Medical Group have had an excellent, long-standing relationship with EMH Elyria Medical Center, with NOH/OMG physicians practicing at EMH Elyria for more than 30 years. Our cardiologists with EMH Elyria Medical Center affiliations are proud to be a part of the 2013 Healthgrades achievements.
To see a full list of EMH Elyria Medical Center’s awards, click here. To learn more about North Ohio Heart and Ohio Medical Group’s affiliation with EMH Elyria Medical Center.